While we wish that you never get in any type of trouble in the first place, sometimes it is useful to know how to keep yourself safe with anything readily available to you. Tactical flashlights are tools most commonly in use in military and police forces and they are readily available to civil consumers too. This makes it a great first-hand defense tool in case you find yourself in a tricky or possibly life-threatening situation.
Unknow to many owners, tactical flashlight self-defense is a very real and viable option in case you need to defend from assailants or escape a risky situation. These convenient devices fit easily in pockets and purses so if you already do not have it we suggest that you get one for reasons that we will discuss in this article. Keep reading in order to find out how a simple flashlight can save your life and help you defend from attackers and muggers.
It is a tool specially designed for use in the field by military and police personnel in combat situations and all types of outdoor conditions. Unlike those conventional models that you can buy in every brick and mortar store, tactical ones use stronger alloy build materials, have more powerful light output and are can even mounted on weapons. When you need low light awareness in close combat scenarios – tactical flashlight is the only way to go.
These characteristics make them great for civilian use and self-defense. The weapons grade aluminum that makes the body is great and strong enough to withstand damage and shocks. When you find yourself in a life or death situation – you can use your flashlight as a baton that can help you inflict damage to attackers. With a very powerful light you can use it as a distraction to temporarily blind them if you need to make a quick escape to safety in case fighting is not an option.
Here are some examples how you can use this versatile tool to protect yourself and take unsuspecting assailants completely by surprise.
The powerful beam of light is a great way to blind and disable the visual awareness of attackers. Whether you want to defend yourself from animals or humans, all you need to do is point and turn on the tactical flashlight and you are immediately in the position to decide what to do next. Now you have the time to assess the situation and decide if you want to inflict damage or flee the scene to safety.
As you probably already know by now, having one of these useful light sources is great for finding your way in low light and pitch-black night conditions. Just flip the switch and you can get a sense of your surroundings. This is also great if you need to scout out the terrain that is completely unknown to you.
The best approach is to use the light in intervals when you need to see where you’re going. We suggest that you don’t keep the light constantly on. Instead use it only to get a sense of the area you’re crossing currently and try to conserve battery power as much as you can.
When you find yourself in a situation where all your options except fighting are not possible, you can confidently stand your ground and inflict heavy damage with tactical flashlights. Made using weapons grade aluminum alloy that is strong and durable it is possible to strike your attackers and injure them in self-defense. Most models even feature a window breaker tip that can break bones and save you from life threatening attacks.
Not all tactical flashlights are equal and you should know what to look for before making a purchase. There are plenty of products that falsely advertise and try to cash on unknowing customers so here is a specifications list that will assist you to get a good quality model.
• Dimensions wise, you should pick a model that will easily fit inside of your pockets and purses without being visible on the outside. Going for smaller ones is not a disadvantage since they can be equally powerful no matter their compact size.
• Light output power is measured in lumens and you should never go for a model that advertises with less than 100 units. Whatever you do, make sure that the one you buy has at least 100 lumens of power and we strongly suggest that you do not go below this value.
• Type of lighting source should always be LED. It is the best light power to battery consumption ratio technology available and you have no reasons to choose anything else. LEDs are powerful, do not heat up and can run more before needing a battery replacement.
• Build quality is a must so make sure to pick models that feature strong metal build, weather and water proof construction. You want it to survive any type of usage scenario so don’t skimp out on this in any case. Strong construction means you have a self-defense weapon that conveniently fits in your wardrobe.
• Functionality should include the basic lighting modes that will come in handy in a variety of emergency scenarios. Make sure that your flashlight has an S.O.S. flashing mode, Pulse Strobe and lighting strength adjustment. Other features are not necessary and they will only increase the price and you do not need a complex functionality that will confuse you in perilous moments.
Most people are unaware of the usefulness that such a simple tool can provide when you find yourself in a harmful scenario. Tactical flashlights can and will be a lifesaver when you need them the most and all you need to do is to flick the on switch. If it’s good enough for the military, it is great for civilians so make sure to get your own and keep it at hand at all times. You never know when the moment will come that you will have to use it!